nedelja, 6. marec 2011

To tweet or not to tweet...

I've just read a newspaper article in Nedelo (yes, on paper :P ) about the 5th anniversary of Twitter “The Power of 140 signs”. Although I registered myself as a member of this new tool of communication, I've only contributed one line and also visited the site once.
The problem with Twitter for me is in its necessity to be active and online all the time. And I'm more one of those people who sometimes don't miss a computer screen for days.
Also the possibility of tweeting from a cell or as they call it nowadays the smart phone is not really that appealing for me: First, I haven't come to terms with my new phone yet – it is defying my mental supremacy and secondly, and I think this is at least of some importanece, I don't know what to tweet about.
The line that was chiselled in my brain from the article is: “Remember: Whatever you tweet can and will be used against you.” (by Žiga Turk)
It is surprising therefore, that so many Slovene politicians have chosen tweeting to be one of their ways of communication. I remember the “scandal” some time ago with our Minister of Justice, who made a public announcement on Tweeter instead of as expected and due to protocol send it via a traditional letter. The problem was the "revealing" of information not ment to be public.
Twitter is certainly a medium one should keep an eye on and if I want to master some new marketing approaches, then following the “new” would be a good start.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar